Friday, January 27, 2012

Alma Reichardt and Holly

Subject: Alma Reichardt(age: about 53) and her granddaughter, Holly.
Date: 1950's.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Occasion: Unknown.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Maternal Grand Aunt.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. I am posting and commenting on the photographs from this album.

Photographed at the Reichardt's home, located 2800 W. Grant Blvd. Milwaukee, WI.
 
Albert(Abby) and Alma were unable to conceive. They adopted a boy, and their son's name was Paul Albert(b: 1926- d: 1997). Once Paul was an adult, there was animosity between him and his parents. Paul married and had one child named Holly. Paul left Wisconsin and moved to California. He and his family were estranged from the rest of the family. I have very limited information about Paul and Holly.
 
Paul was five years older than my mother Norma. They grew up together and my mother had many happy memories about Paul. I think next to Paul's parents, my mother took the estrangement the hardest. She really missed sharing their adult life together as they were so close growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment