Friday, January 13, 2012

Sisters Forever


Subjects: Lucy Traulsen Waswo (age 59) and Alma Reichardt (age 53).
Date: About 1950.
Occasion: Unknown.
Location: 2800 W. Grant Blvd., Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Maternal Grandmother and Grand Aunt.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. I am posting and commenting on the photographs from this album.

My Grand Uncle and Aunt lived on a corner lot with the front of the house facing Grant Blvd in a two story white frame home. They had a large screened in front porch. My dad in the summer would occasionally sleep on the porch when he did not want to venture home after a hot card game down at the club. As a very young child I remember spending a summer weekend with my Grand Aunt and sleeping on the front porch as well.
 
This is the only photograph that I have of the two sisters together.

No comments:

Post a Comment