Friday, May 27, 2011

Norma, Lucy and George with our maroon Chevrolet

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.


Subjects: (Left to Right): Norma Elsbeth Waswo(age 11), Lucy T. Waswo(age 41) and George D. Waswo, Jr.(age 15).
Date: 1932.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Occasion: Unknown.
Photographer: George Daniel Waswo, Sr.
Relationship to me: Mother, Maternal Grandmother, Uncle.

Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. This is a photograph from the album made for me. The caption on this picture is: Norma, Lucy and George with our maroon Chevrolet.

All through my childhood I heard stories of the Maroon Chevrolet. This must have been the most beloved car of the Waswo family. If memory serves me correctly, this was a photograph from about the time they purchased the car. This was just seven years before the passing of my Grandfather George Sr.

My mother had a red wooden toy car that was part of her doll house. It looked very similar to the car in this photograph. She always called it the 'maroon chevrolet' and though I never really played with the doll house, I do remember playing with the wooden toy car when visiting grandmother.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories this old car must have held for the family - it looks like it was a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete