Friday, April 1, 2011

Norma and George, Summer 1924

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.


Subjects: (Left to Right): George Daniel Waswo Jr.(age: 7 years), and Norma Elsbeth Waswo(Forrai)(age 3 years).
Date: Summer 1924.
Occasion: Unknown.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Mother and Maternal Uncle.

This photograph was not in the album that my mother fashioned, I remember as a child during the 1970's, my mother found this photograph and put it in a frame. It hung on the 'wall of relatives' in our hallway.

This has always been one of my favorite photographs. I am sure a street vendor came around with a goat and cart and took photographs. I am so glad that my grandparents had this photograph taken.

The handwriting at the bottom is of my Grandmother Lucy Traulsen Waswo.

No comments:

Post a Comment