Friday, November 16, 2012

Fourth of July, 1958

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.
Subjects: Lucy Traulsen Waswo(age 67); George Daniel Waswo III (age 10) and Florence Allen Desenis(age 54).
Date: July 1958.
Occasion: 4th of July.
Location: National Avenue, West Allis, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: maternal grandmother and maternal cousins.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. I am posting and commenting on the photographs from this album.

This is one of my favorite photographs and about the only one that I have of Daniel as a child. I have many fond memories of my grandmother and Cousin Florence. Florence would always make sure to make the trip to visit the Milwaukee relatives during the summer, and some of the Milwaukee relatives would make the trip in the Fall to Illinois to visit her.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture - some of my own best memories were when relatives would come for a visit, and we'd all get together for a picnic at one of the local parks. This photo reminds me very much of those times.

    ReplyDelete