Friday, November 23, 2012

At the Schroeder Hotel, 1957

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.
Subjects seated at the table: Unknown couple, Joseph Frank Forrai(age 44) and Norma Elsbeth Waswo(age 35).
Date: 1957.
Location: Schroeder Hotel, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Occasion: Patrick Cudahy Company Function.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Father and Mother.

Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. This is a photograph from the album she made for me.

There was little written on the photograph or the on the album page itself. My mother wrote that this was a company function at the Schroeder Hotel that is located in downtown Milwaukee. The Schroeder was also the location of the Junior Prom that I attended during high school.

This also could be an Elk's club function, as my father was a member during this time. It appears to be a formal occasion and I love the dress and purse my mother was wearing. My father was well known for his bow ties. I remember him wearing a straight tie occasionally, but there was always the remark of, 'what happened, no bow tie?' I am also not sure if this photograph was before or after my parents wedding, as they were wed November 16, 1957.

I welcome any additional comments or information from family and friends about this photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment