Friday, July 15, 2011

Joe and his girlfriend

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.


Subjects: Joseph F. Forrai Bockay and his girlfriend.
Date: 1941.
Location: Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Occasion: Unknown.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Father.

Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. This is a photograph from the album made for me.

Well, most certainly I am glad that this relationship did not come to pass. Here again, we have a pre-WWII photograph of my father and his girl friend. Off to war my father went, and young love died away. His girlfriend did not wait for my father's return, but found another. Had she waited, you would not be reading this, as I would not exist!

1 comment:

  1. I was excited when I found the marriage date of my two great great grandparents. My daughter (29) did not seem to impressed. Why is that important she asked.

    If they had not married you would not be her, I told her.

    ReplyDelete