Friday, July 8, 2011

Joe and his dog.

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.


Subjects: Joseph F. Forrai Bockay and his dog.
Date: 1941.
Location: Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Occasion: Unknown.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Father.

Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. This is a photograph from the album made for me.

I only have a few pictures of my father from this era. The dog in this picture is named Spud. As a child, I heard many stories about this dog. It was my father's favorite dog. Unfortunately, WWII got in the way, so while the family at home cared for Spud, my father was many, many miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment