Friday, October 22, 2010

Arthur Herman Traulsen

Subject: Arthur Herman Traulsen, age 29(second row on the right).
Occasion: Military Photograph, World War I
Date: 1918
Location: Unknown
Photographer: Unknown

Arthur Herman Traulsen was born was May 25, 1889 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. From a previous post, he ran a bakery on Mitchell Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin after 1906 the year his father Henning Traulsen passed away. He married Linda Borgwardt on February 12, 1922. He passed away on May 3, 1960 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Art and Linda had three children, two are still living, and they have four grandchildren. I know very little about my Great or Grand Uncle as he passed away when I was one year old. To date, this is one of the few photographs that I have in my collection of him.

The photograph, itself, is very fragile. It was printed on a very light weight photographic paper. Unfortunately, there is no information printed on the back of the picture except for the date 1918. I remember, my Grandmother Lucy pointing at the young man in the second row on the right and exclaiming it was her brother. I believe Grand Uncle Art served in the Army. Hopefully, other family members will be able to share more information.

1 comment:

  1. per my Cousin Jeremy, he commented via Facebook:

    "In terms of his military service he served in the United ...States Army as a Corporal in Company B of the 116th Engineers this unit was under the command of the 41st Division(Sunset Division). He was inducted into the army on 31 March 1918 and mustered out on 11 March 1919, honorably discharged. Grandpa T. served in France during his service and was awarded the Victory Medal w/France bar.

    As an aside I still have Grandpa T's medal, discharge paper and the very uniform he is wearing in that photo. Great stuff I'll try to get my folks linked up to see this image."

    ReplyDelete