Friday, October 15, 2010

Alma Helen Wolff Traulsen

Subject: Alma Helen Wolff Traulsen
Occasion: Unknown
Date: Unknown
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Photographer: Unknown

Alma Helen Wolff was born on November 23, 1865 in Schneidemuhl in the Province of Posen, Germany. Alma arrived in the United States on October 12, 1882.

Henning and Alma were the parents of my maternal Grandmother Lucy Albertine Helene Traulsen. They were wed on October 15, 1886 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Alma passed away on March 8, 1941 after battling cancer of the pancreas for about one year. She was buried in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but I do not know what cemetery.

This photograph was glued to a piece of wood that was carved and painted. There are many layers of varnish over the picture and frame. I remember this being called decoupage. Unfortunately, over the years the varnish gets cloudy, so the picture no longer is in sharp focus. The above is a photograph I took of the actual piece. There is no information or date on the back of the picture. There is a small sticker with Gimbels on it. I am assuming this was done at the department store in Milwaukee.

I know very little about my maternal Great Grandmother. If my Grandmother Lucy told stories about her mother, I just do not remember them. Any comments from other family members would of course, be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment