Friday, February 25, 2011

Gloria and Helen LaPorte


Subjects: (Left to Right): Gloria(age: 6 months) and Helen LaPorte.
Date: 1925.
Occasion: Unknown.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Johannes, Milwaukee.
Relationship to me: Maternal Friends of the Family.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother.

This picture is of my mother Norma's best friend Gloria LaPorte Strei and her mother Helen. The LaPortes have been close family friends for many years. Helen LaPorte was best friends with Lucy T. Waswo, and Helen's daughter Gloria was Norma's best friend. Gloria married William F. Strei and they have been married 64 years. They reside in Brookfield, Wisconsin. It does not surprise me that the two families shared many photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment