Saturday, February 18, 2012

Albert and Alma Reichardt with granddaughter Holly

Click on the picture below to enlarge it. Select the back button on your browser to return to the post.

Subject: Albert and Alma Reichardt with granddaughter Holly.
Date: 1950's.
Location: Milwaukee, WI.
Occasion: Unknown.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: Maternal Grand Uncle and Aunt.

Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. This is a photograph from the album made for me.

This is one of the few photographs that I have of my Maternal Grand Uncle and Aunt. It was taken on the front porch of their home on Grant Blvd in Milwaukee, WI. Unfortunately, they were estranged from their adopted son Paul. He moved to California, and they did not see much of their granddaughter. Uncle Abby passed away in 1959 at age 73 and Aunt Alma passed away in 1966 at age 69.

I have not been able to find any additional information on Paul Reichardt. My mother and Paul spent much time together in their youth as the families were very close. My mother was heartbroken over the estrangement.

1 comment:

  1. The situation is a real shame, but the photo is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete