Friday, November 4, 2011

Snow Storm

Date: 1947.
Occasion: Unknown.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Unknown.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother. On the back of the photograph, it stated this was 7 inches of snow. The picture includes people next to a bus that was stuck in a snow drift. The house in the background looks similar to the home of my grandmother. Notice the street lamp and also the cables and electric lines for the electric street cars. The 'bus' could be an electric street car. Notice the two poles on the right. It is hard to make out, but this was how the car received its power.

No comments:

Post a Comment