Friday, October 28, 2011

Gloria Rae LaPorte

Subject: Gloria Rae LaPorte.
Date: November 10, 1945.
Occasion: Unknown.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Photographer: Unknown.
Relationship to me: My mother's best friend for most of her life.

I have very little information regarding this photograph. Once my mother retired, she went through the boxes of photographs and created historical photo albums. She made one for myself and one for my brother.

This picture is of my mother Norma's best friend Gloria LaPorte Strei. The LaPortes have been close family friends for many years. Helen LaPorte was best friends with Lucy T. Waswo, and Helen's daughter Gloria was Norma's best friend. Gloria married William F. Strei and they were married 64 years. Gloria resides in Brookfield, Wisconsin.  William Strei passed away April 1, 2011 at age 87. It does not surprise me that the two families shared many photographs.

1 comment:

  1. That is just awesome - there no friend like a friend with whom you share significant history. A heartwarming post!

    ReplyDelete